Thursday, March 5, 2009

Part of the 'Hood

The Sisterhood, that is...Thanks to Bunny and Lindsay for the Sisterhood Award! Let me take a brief break from the embroidery machine long enough "Pay it Forward"! Here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.

I nominate...

1. Dawn at Two On, Two Off.
2. Angie at Quality Time.
(These are my top 2 just because we actually do email back and forth, finding we not only share a love of sewing, but are full-time teachers, love BWOF, and sew for our kids!)
3. Amanda at Amanda's Adventures in Sewing inspires me with her attention to detail.
4. Summerset at Pins and Needles always has the best advice when I pose a question.
5. Lisa at The Hem Line is generous enough to do a giveway every Friday.
6. Ann at Gorgeous Things amazes me with her ability to run a successful business and have time to make so many beautiful garments.
7. Michelle at Cheap and Picky Dress Magic makes me laugh and inspires me to learn new techniques.
8. Erica B at Erica Bs DIY Style makes the most stylish clothes and does an amazing job photographing her projects.
9. Linda at Danvillegirl Sewing Diary reminds me to plan and that fit makes all the difference in the world.
10. Anyone who has ever taken the time to comment on any of my posts. Your feedback has always been helpful, even just to know that others appreciate my creations, and I appreciate the time you take to let me know you're there!
**********************************************
The March BWOF came this week, and I quickly flipped through to see if it would meet the standards that the January and February isses set... nope. Maybe it's just me, maybe it was the colors (grey, black, and khaki), maybe it was the distracting prints, but it something didn't "WOW" me the way the last 2 issues did. I did find some stuff I liked (like Dress 116, Skirt 104, Dress 102, and any of the trenchcoats!) but I'm super eager to see the April issue and the bridal fashions!
**********************************************
Which of the following is a sure sign that SPRING IS COMING?
a) I walked out of work today without a coat on and didn't freeze halfway to the car.
b) The talk of baseball practice starting next week at school.
c) Seeing motorcycles (4 to be exact) on the road today.
d) The kids played outside at school today without their snowpants on.
Answer: All of the above! Wasn't sure if we'd ever thaw out, but it looks like we made it. Of course, there is always one last big snow in April...
Oh, and if you're in the mood for a great book, take a look at "Second Glance" by Jodi Picoult. Great ghost story (not the scary kind!). Currently reading "Outliers" and I'm fascinated.

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Thank you!

Yeah, the 03 BWOF didn't have much that interested me, either. That's how it is though, with BWOF, it is hit or miss. I mostly look at only the line drawings because some of the fabrications don't work for me at all (all those grey collections they've been doing!).

Dana said...

I know you've already gotten this, but I also nominated you (a little late) for the Sisterhood Award. Keep on sewin' :}