Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Big News!!!






Am I petite? Not by Burda's standards, but after reading a review of this dress on PR (of another non-petite gal), I thought it was worth a shot. This was the second positive review I'd seen of this dress, so I figured the waters were safe. I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow at Prom, but these will do for now.

My review of dress 116a from the March 2009 BWOF is here.


*Love* my new gold heels. Stacy London (What Not to Wear) considers gold a neutral, so I can't argue with that...



But my new snazzy dress is not the big news...
New York City, here I come!!!

In August, I will be attending a 4 day seminar in the Big Apple with Susan Khalje and Kenneth King. Excited is an understatement.
I've never been to New York. I've never had formal sewing instruction. Nervous is an understatement.
Rumor has it that I might also get a chance to meet a few of my favorite bloggers, who will also be attending the class. I think August will take forever to get here.
If you're interested in attending, here's the link to the Sit and Sew class.

10 comments:

Meg said...

The dress looks great on you! Very snazzy.

Michelle said...

I love this dress! I love the seaming on the back, what a great touch! The color is fantastic.

Amanda S. said...

Very pretty dress! Hmmm...no petite adjustment you say? I may have to make this as well. Congratulations on your New York trip. That will be so fun!

Sara said...

This dress looks fantastic! Nice job.

Bunny said...

Looks wonderful! Do you have a date for the prom?

I am so jealous. DH and I will be straight out from Mem. Day to November. I so wish I could join you.

Dana said...

Great dress - and shoes! What fun you're going to have in New York!! It's given me a severe case of blogger-envy ;)

gwensews said...

Hey kiddo--you're looking like the prom queen! Great dress. Lucky you, going to NY and taking such wonderful classes. Wow!

Ann Made Studio said...

Beautiful dress. You look wonderful.
Can't wait to hear all about your class....

Summerset said...

I am jealous! Pretty dress and a cool trip!

Cennetta said...

Great looking dress. I'm jealous too. Would love a trip to NY.