Sunday, January 9, 2011

Just Checking In...


I've have lots of sewing to do, so I can't waste any time! A very quick update:

1.  My dress form arrived Friday (purchased on ebay Tuesday, shipped from New Jersey) and she is AWESOME! I ordered a size 10, thinking that there is absolutely no way in my lifetime that I will ever be smaller than 36 - 27 - 37.  I am currently 39 - 31 - 43, so I'm ordering the Fabulous Fit padding kit today.

2.  She isn't named yet. Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm debating between "Veroninica" and "Bo".  Veronica, as in the "Archie" comic book character, who is the best friend of Betty, and who is described as, "tall, slender and attractive with long black hair. Veronica favors expensive, up-to-the-minute fashion" by wikipedia.  Don't ask me how it popped into my head, but it did.
Veronicaldg.png
She's cute, and I have long dark hair with those bangs.  Youthful forever? I'll take it.

"Bo" is because my dress form is perfect 10.  Ten.  Get it? The movie, "Ten", with Bo Derek.

But, I'm not a blond, and I don't have cornrows, and if I ever look that good in a swimsuit, I most certainly won't be a size 10!
Bo Derek is a 10
But, I do have to say, the woman is timeless.  She was 23 when the movie was shot in 1979, and here she is now, 31 years later at the age of 54.

I want to look this good at 54!  I'm turning 37 in a week, and that feels old already!  Which leads me to...

3. My muscles and bones are aching and creaking today.  With an upcoming tropical trip, I'm back on the fitness bandwagon again, and worked out extra hard yesterday.  2 lbs gone, so maybe I'll have a pic like Bo's to post in a few months! I'm looking at the "Couch to 5k" program, so we'll see...

Ok, so I'm headed downstairs to finish the sweatshirt orders, take pics of my "Vintage Sew Along" skirt, and get one other "paying job" out of the way.  Catch you later!  So much for a quick and brief post...

5 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Couch to 5K is a great program. I used it when I started running and it was an easy transition for me. How exciting...a tropical vacation! Making a new swimsuit?

glorm said...

Good thing we didn't have a pool going because who would have come up with Veronica, Bo, or Veronica Bo? I do like your reasoning for the names. Have fun with her.

Big in Japan said...

Go, Kristine, go!!

Bunny said...

Bo has aged beautifully and from where I sit it looks very natural. She doesn't appear to have that pulled back, blown up lip look of so many of her contemporaries. She glows.

I like the name of your "babe". I still need one for my DTD.

Gail said...

What is fabulous fit padding?