Sunday, July 10, 2011

Press & Seal = Button Sorter!




Yesterday when I was looking for 1/2" buttons for DH's new shirt, I had to spread out and sort through the mix bag I have. I found what I needed (see this post for the new shirt), but hated to scoop all those buttons back into a mixed up bag. I don't know what made me think of it, but a little bit of Press'n Seal quickly kept the buttons sorted and organized!


Because it has a tacky side, I just pressed the buttons onto the plastic in matching groups, leaving the right half empty. When I folded over the right side onto the left, I pressed in the empty spaces between the groups to create little pockets, and pressed onto the groups to keep them in place. Seal up the sides, and slide into a page protector or folder.


Mix bag is now sorted by color and organized by size, and I am ready for the next time I need a set of buttons without having to dig! Genius, right? Ok, maybe not "genius", but pretty smart...

12 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Wow, what a good idea. Flat storage, too

Naptime Seamstress said...

Definitely genius! What a good idea!!

Ellen said...

I'm going with genius too! And what a timely suggestion for me. I've been saving jars to sort my buttons into, but then you have to store the jars, etc. And you still have a jumbled up mess.

Linda L said...

Wow, you are a genius. I never would have thought about that. Glad you shared with all of us.

Bunny said...

This is positively brilliant, Kristine! I have a box of just white shirt buttons begging to be dealt with. You are forcing me to get to work sorting!

Beangirl said...

genius!!

Gail said...

Press and seal is not sold in Australia. I store button sets in tiny snap and seal bags.

Anna Christina said...

This is one of the best tips I've heard lately. As a kindergarten teacher, I can think of numerous games and supplies I could keep ready and sorted for my students. Thanks for giving me this time saving idea!

Michelle said...

What a great idea!

Dana said...

Hope you're sending this one in somewhere for $$! Great idea!

Jillybejoyful said...

As something of a button freak, I had to zip right over here when I read Rebecca's comment (Tales of a Wannabe Seamstress, and I daresay this absolutely qualifies as genius!

Press n Seal is going on my shopping list right now!

Irene said...

You are SO smart! Might have to steal this idea from you.