It ended up a little shorter than I planned, but DH assures me that I look great. ;)
The neck facing went in easily, and the armholes were hemmed with just a little issue getting a nice finish at the side seam (because of the two separate layers). The hem ruffle was time consuming, as I used my serger to stitch a nice narrow rolled hem on both the top and bottom. Then, I used my gathering foot to speed up the process (just a little fiddling wi the tension to get the desired result). I applied the ruffle to the outside of the dress, hemmed the lining accordingly.
Photo shoots at the fire station are always more fun...
My only recommendations on the pattern (Burda 7/2011 #138) are to MAKE A MUSLIN. It was much bigger in the waist than I expected (I took it in 1/2" on both side seams and another 1/2" on both the back darts), and much longer than I expected (not afterward, though!)
I love the final results, and while I didn't make a million garments this summer, I am very happy with the quality of the few that I did make!