Sunday, September 11, 2011

Simplicity 2362

A very good friend of mine (and former co-worker) asked me to make her this dress. She is headed to Florida next month, and said, "I have always wanted a dress made by you!". How sweet (and flattering) is that? She made it quite easy, as she came with the pattern and fabric already purchased! She is about my size as well, with no major fitting issues), so his came together with very little stress!


It's Simplicity 2362, which includes 5 views with different length and sleeve options. As a child of the 60's, she said this silky print from Joann's grabbed her attention, and I have to give her kudos... This pattern is the perfect use for such a large scale print. In the picture below, you can see the relaxed skirt pockets.


I used an invisible zipper in the back, and a blind-stitch at the hem. The true color of the green is a little brighter (my basement doesn't have a lot of natural light), and the blue is more of a royal blue.


Here is the back view...


She loves it, and I am thrilled to have a client that really appreciates my time and effort. It's exactly what she hoped for, and her happiness definitely helped rejuvenate my sewing mojo!

6 comments:

meredithp said...

Excellent fabric/pattern choices, and execution as well. Beautiful! Why don't I ever see stuff like this in my JoAnn's? :-)

Rebecca said...

This turned out fabulously!

Peggy's Closet said...

Very pretty! You're right; the fabric and the pattern work perfectly together.

Gail said...

Very nice. I made this pattern without success a few years ago.

Kuby said...

What a beautiful dress! I love the pattern and fabric. I also love the colors. Way to go!

Meg said...

Aw, good, glad to hear your mojo is back. Lovely dress!